Toronto is a great city filled with attractions, top restaurants, and interesting things to see and do. It can get expensive, but if you prefer the outdoors you’ll save a bundle while still enjoying your time in the city. If you want to lease one of the apartments for rent Toronto, it’s a good idea to know what outdoor activities are in the neighborhood. Here are six outdoor attractions that Toronto renters should check out.
- See the gardens at Casa Loma. It is a historical outdoor site that attracts thousands of visitors and residents each year, and the gardens are beautiful.Public concerts are often held there throughout the year at the on-site pavilion.
- Visit the Toronto Zoo. This huge zoo, which was once the largest on the planet, has over 500 species of animals, miles upon miles of walking trails, and excellent exhibits. If you enjoy seeing animals or learning about them, you definitely won’t want to miss this outdoor attraction.
- Head to the beach. During warmer weather Toronto’s beaches are a nice place to relax, but you can even take a walk along the water when it gets cooler. Sugar Beach, Woodbine Beach, and Hanlan’s Point are a few that have beautiful water and sand. Plus, the beaches are free to visit, which is a bonus for renters on a budget or those who prefer to live frugally.
- Spend the day at High Park. There’s an abundance of things to do there, and it also has a spacious playground, trails for hiking, sports courts and fields, and an on-site zoo. You could easily spend the better part of an afternoon enjoying yourself at High Park, and it’s a perfect place to take friends and family.
- Go skating at Trinity Bellwoods park. There are sports courts and a full indoor recreation center there, but the highlight is the outdoor skating rink. During the winter season it’s a fun place to gather, people watch, or try your hand at skating.
- Take a walk at Cedarvale Park. This Toronto favorite is good for renters with pets, as there’s a dog park where your pooch can socialize and run around. There’s also plenty of walking trails for exercise that will give you a scenic view of the area. Cedarvale Park also contains a hockey rink and ice skating rink, plus you can easily find a skating instructor for lessons there.